If you’re having difficulty with the throttle engaging periodically on your Phat Scooter, it may be a kill switch issue.
While riding, dust can build up within the brake handle, compressing the switch even when the rider is not applying the brakes. A deep cleaning of these brake handles and the piston inside will allow the brake handles to pop all the way back, disengaging the kill switch. Here is a video to help direct that process: https://vimeo.com/280272348.
If that does not solve the problem, there is a potential that the throttle connections may have come loose.
- To check the connections, remove the breast plate.
- Make sure the two connections on the controller that the throttle wire connect into are connected firmly.
- Check all other connections are tightly plugged together.
- Replace the breast plate and check if this resolved the issue.
If the above troubleshooting did not resolve your concerns, please email email@example.com open a support ticket. In order to expedite the process, please provide the following information:
- Contact Information
- Wheel ID or Original Scooter Order # (if available)
- Scooter Model and Purchase Year
- Description of Problem (attach pictures and videos if possible)
- Description of what troubleshooting you’ve already completed
Shop now by visiting www.phatscooters.com.