Should you need to remove your rear tire, please see the steps below. Here is an instructional video to assist you as well: vimeo.com/359611516.
- Remove the deck on HD models: by first removing the battery using battery key release and remove battery cover then unplug battery and remove. Remove plastic plugs on foot deck(usually small screwdriver works best) then remove the four 10mm bolts and two Philips screws(under battery) then remove deck. This is a video for the deck removal alone: com/359463291
- Remove breast plate Phatty and Sport Models: located behind front tire, remove the three 5mm allen bolts. Locate the tan colored battery quick disconnect plug and unplug it.
- Once battery is disconnected turn on your key all the way to the second position with headlight on until it dims out. Do this several times until the halo and headlight no longer illuminate. Your scooter is now discharged and safe to work on.
- Have scooter stabilized.
- Remove the two bolts from back brake caliper using a 6mm allen.
- Loosen the silver 10 mm bolts on either side of tire that holds the tire in place.
- Cut any zip ties that are holding the motor wire in place. These are found on the opposite side of the scooter.
- Remove the 10 mm bolts on either side that are holding the tire in place.
- Remove the tire and lay it against the scooter until you’ve disconnected the motor cable from the control panel.
- Trace the wire to the front where you find it connected to a junction box.
- Disconnect the automotive clip and mark it so you know where to plug it back into.
- Remove the black cover of the junction box.
- Loosen and remove the blue, green and yellow wires using an 8mm socket or nut driver. We suggest putting the bolt back onto their location so they do not get lost.
- Take the power cable and wrap it inside the tire.
- Remove the rotor with a 6mm allen.
- If you are having the tire tested in a tire machine, you can have them test it at this point but make sure those wires do not get pinched or bothered.
- To put it back on, reverse these steps.
If your problem persists or was not covered in this troubleshooting guide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to open a support ticket. To help expedite the process, please provide the following:
- Your Contact Information
- Original Scooter Order # (if available)
- Scooter Model and Purchase Year
- Description of Problem (attach pictures and videos if possible)
Shop now by visiting www.phatscooters.com.