At home assembly is minimal and we provide an instruction video for every scooter model found on our Vimeo page. For step-by-step instructions, please see below. For video instruction for your HD, follow this link: https://vimeo.com/272815390
- Cut the packing straps that are securing your box and remove the cardboard box covering your Phat Scooter.
- Cut away the plastic wrap securing your Phat Scooters® black box that contains your User Manual and scooter keys. Open the box and locate the black tool kit.
- Using a 12mm wrench or adjustable wrenches, remove all 8 of the bolts from the bottom section of metal shipping crate.
- Cut the wires that are holding the wheels in place and fold them down and out of the way.
- Remove all four of the 3/16” allen head bolts on the steering column bracket using the 3/16” allen wrench in the tool kit. Set the bolts to the side as they will be used to mount the handlebars. The black aluminum plate is for shipping only and not used again. Carefully lift off and remove upper metal create section.
- Carefully remove the scooters from the lower metal create section and set it up on a flat surface. Be sure to lift the tires up first and then away from the metal securing them careful as to not puncture the tire. You can also roll the scooter forward about 2 feet then slide it to the side.
- Holding onto the handlebar with one hand and by the frame directly und the seat with your other hand, rock the scooter backwards as you push the kickstand down with your foot.
- Locate the four allen bolts and wrench you set aside from the steering column bracket (used in next step).
- Place the handlebars on top of the steering column and screw all four bolts into the handlebar bracket. Do not tighten the bolts until all four bolts are in place. Be sure bolts are secure, but do not overtighten.
- Place the headlight assembly on the handlebars using the mounting ring brackets attached to the headlight. The mounting rings snap over the handlebar tube with one mounting ring located on each side of the handlebar mounting bracket.
- Locate the two screws in the tool kit. Using a Philips screwdriver, place the screws into the holes on the headlight mounting ring. Make sure it’s snug, but do not over tighten.
- Remove all excess plastic from the scooter.
- If fenders are already on, your assembly is complete.
- If fenders are not on,locate the eight black fender nuts which fit the slotted holes on the fenders mounting tab. From the inside of the fenders, pop the black fender nuts into the four holes in the fender mounting points. Do this on each fender.
- Place the front fender over the front tire with indentations on fender facing towards the front of the scooter. Then line up the four black fender nuts with the mounting tab holes located on the front shocks.
- Use the 4 long allen bolts and 4 custom fender washers to secure the front fender in place. Do not tighten the bolts until all 4 bolts and washers are in place.
- Place the back fender over the back tire and line up the 4 black fender nuts with the mounting tabs on the frame.
- Using a 12mm and 14mm wrenches or adjustable wrenches remove the top bolt from the rear shocks. After removing the bolts pull the shocks back to gain access to the fender mounting tabs located on the frame.
- Using the 4 Philips head machine screws and 4 star shaped lock washers to secure one side of the back fender.Tighten all 4 Philips screws to secure rear fender. Be sure to keep the back fender tucked inside the cutout in the deck.
- Then replace upper/top shock bolts and tighten.
- Be sure to locate your Phat Scooters® ID card and place it in the black box for safe keeping. Use this to register your scooter online and on the Phat Scooters® app!
- Locate the cardboard box inside the Phat Scooters® black box.
- Remove the charger and cord from inside and plug them together.
- Locate the charging port on the front panel on the scooter. Turn the front tire to the right so you can access the port and plug the charger into the port. Make sure to align the plug properly. Do not force plug.
- Plug the charger into a standard 110v electrical outlet.
- Green Light on charger indicates that your scooter is fully charged; unplug the charger from the scooter. It is not recommended to leave the charger connected to your scooter after scooter is fully charged.
- Red Light on charger indicates that scooter is charging.
- Charging Times will vary depending on battery level, 1-5 hours with the 5amp charger or 1-3 hours with the 9amp charger.
Always charge scooter in a dry environment. Keep charger dry and in a well ventilated area when charging your scooter.
Shop now by visiting www.phatscooters.com.