There should not be any movement in the handlebars of your Phat Scooter. The handlebars should be tight and easy to maneuver. If there is any play within the handlebars, for example if they move left-to-right, they need to be tightened. Follow these steps for a quick and easy replacement.
- If there is a cupholder attached to the scooter, it will need to be removed first.
- On the neck of the scooter, locate the large bolt on the gooseneck where the handlebars attach to the rest of the scooter.
- Using the 8mm allen wrench that came with your scooter to tighten this bolt down.
- Check the four bolts that mount the handlebars to the gooseneck and tighten as necessary.
- Reattach your cup holder if removed in Step 1. Be sure to pay close attention to washers on the cup holder. You should have 1 washer on one side of cup holder bracket and 2 washers on the opposite side. Then tighten these side/frankenstein bolts they will be either a 3/16” or 5mm allen head bolt.
- If that did not fix the loose handlebars, see below for additional instruction.
Here is additional instruction for tightening your handlebars on your HD/HD Golf/Sport/Phatty: https://vimeo.com/281887402
Here is additional instruction for tightening your handlebars on your PHLEX: https://vimeo.com/353896645
If your problem persists or was not covered in this troubleshooting guide, please email@example.com a support ticket. To help expedite the process, please provide the following:
- Your Contact Information
- Original Scooter Order # (if available)
- Scooter Model and Purchase Year
- Description of Problem (attach pictures and videos if possible)
Shop now by visiting www.phatscooters.com.