To preserve optimal function and condition of your Phat Scooter, it is important to properly store your scooter and perform routine maintenance. In addition to the items below, considered looking at how to winterize your scooter if temperatures drop below 32 degrees. You can also find this information in your Owner’s Manual that came with your scooter.
NOTE: your battery needs to be fully charged every 6-8 weeks to maintain your battery life.
Here are simple instructions when performing routine maintenance on your Phat Scooter.
- Inspect your scooter carefully to ensure there are no missing or loose bolts. If any loose bolts are located, apply a small amount of Loctite before tightening.
- Fender bolts, brake caliper bolts, handlebar and gooseneck bolts should be checked routinely.
- Inspect the deck of your scooter. If any of the rubber/vinyl deck is lifting up, apply a small dot of super glue to hold the deck down and prevent future lifting.
- Check the tire pressure. Your tire pressure should be kept between 15-20 PSI. If you have the XTR or Knobby Tires, your pressure should be kept closer to 12 PSI higher pressure can cause fender rubbing. Add or remove air as needed to maintain safe tire pressure at all times.
- Clean the brake handles regularly. Each brake handle has a small piston that needs to be kept clean. Use both contact cleaner or brake clean and WD-40 Dry Lube Spray. This will clean and lubricate the system. This should be done several times a year, depending on the use. Follow this link further explanation: https://vimeo.com/280272348.
- Clean brake pads by removing the brake pad panel and spray clean with compressed air. For detailed instructions on how to do this, please refer to this link https://vimeo.com/280269301
- Clean connections by removing the breastplate on a scooter to expose all of the wire connections. Ensure all wire connections are secure. Use the compressed air can to blow out the insides of the breastplate and remove all dirt and dust.
- Leaf blowers can be very handy to blow off dirt from your scooter especially wheels, brakes, and electrical storage areas.
- Clean the frame of your Phat Scooter using a quality glass cleaner and a microfiber towel.
Shop now by visiting www.phatscooters.com.